ThermiVa – Feminine Rejuvenation
ThermiVa® is a revolutionary, non-surgical procedure that uses the science of heat to treat and restore vaginal laxity and function.
ThermiVa delivers radiofrequency through a soft, slender probe that gently heats the vaginal walls, external labia, and surrounding areas. This controlled heat is regulated to the patient’s comfort and results in a treatment that causes no pain and is well tolerated by patients. The radio-frequency waves cause tightening by increasing blood flow, stimulating new collagen formation, and allowing for more simultaneous muscle contractions of the vaginal wall and pelvic muscles. This, in turn, results in improved control of urine and stress incontinence, improved sexual satisfaction, and improved vaginal moisture without the need for surgery. The treatment is an in-office procedure with no downtime. Most patients see a significant improvement after the first visit; however, three treatments over a period of three months is recommended for optimal results.
ThermiVa can accomplish the following in three sessions spaced 3 to 4 weeks apart:
- Vaginal tightening
- Increased vaginal lubrication
- Increased labia majora and minora skin tightening
- Increased sensation to the peri-clitoral area
- Better and more frequent orgasms
- Improved sexual pleasure
- Improves painful intercourse
- Improvement in stress urinary incontinence
- Improvement of overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms
It’s Like Taking Your Vagina to the Gym!
– Dr. Kelly Bomer
ThermiVa in Scottsdale
For any additional questions, or to schedule your consultation for ThermiVa in Scottsdale, call Rejuvent at 480.889.8880.
Rejuvent is located in Scottsdale, Arizona, and conveniently located near Paradise Valley, Cave Creek, Tempe, Mesa, and other areas of Greater Phoenix.
- Increases vaginal moisture
- Strengthens vaginal muscles
- Improves painful intercourse
- Improves vaginal looseness
- Improves vaginal appearance
- Reduces urinary urgency and leakage
“I am amazed at the results I got. I have to say that my incontinence issue has improved by at least 80%, I am thrilled!”
“I heard Dr. Bomer raving about ThermiVa and decided to try it too. Dr. Bomer’s recommendations are always great and this treatment was no exception! I am amazed by my results!”
Much better than surgery!
“I had an Anterior and Posterior Vaginal repair 5 years ago, however after a couple of years, I felt the stress incontinence and urgency to return. The ThermiVa improved these symptoms by 70 % without the downtime and pain I had from the surgery. This procedure requires a yearly touch-up but, it is so much better than surgery with a 6-week recovery. ThermiVa also improved my sensitivity and moisture! I am very happy I had ThermiVa.”
Learn more About ThermiVa with Dr. Bomer and Linda Esposito, LPN
Who can be helped by ThermiVa?
Women of ALL ages!
- Teenagers or women of any age who are bothered by discomfort during physical activities. Often enlarged labia disrupt sports and physical activities such as running and biking. ThermiVa can shrink and reduce the size of the labia.
- Women that delivered babies. Vaginal deliveries can greatly alter a woman’s vaginal area. By tightening vaginal tissues and strengthening the vaginal wall, ThermiVa is able to repair torn tissue, restore elasticity and improve the external appearance of the vagina.
- Post-Menopausal Women. Menopause and the subsequent lack of estrogen can result in vaginal dryness. ThermiVa stimulates the body’s natural production of collagen—aiding in increased moisture production and helping to create soft, thick vaginal tissues.
- Women who are unhappy about the look and feel of their vaginas. ThermiVa tightens and contracts tissues, bringing the outer parts of the vagina closer to the woman’s natural contour.
- Women with decreased feeling during sexual activities. ThermiVa can reinvigorate a woman’s sexual life. With better sensitivity and increased friction, it has been known to help women achieve sexual orgasms.
- Women who struggle with Incontinence. Because ThermiVa tightens and improves muscle coordination around the bladder it dramatically and rapidly helps women who struggle with bladder leakage and urge incontinence.
Frequently asked questions related to ThermiVa at Rejuvent.
ThermiVa is a procedure that uses controlled thermal energy (radio frequency) to help address several feminine issues.
It can help improve labial tightening, vaginal canal tightening, dryness of the labia and vagina, stress urinary incontinence, and orgasm sensitivity.
If you have any of these symptoms, ThermiVa can help:
- Women that have vaginal laxity
- Women that are not satisfied with the appearance of their labia
- Women with vaginal dryness due to peri-menopause, menopause, use of hormones, cancer treatments, or other causes
- Women with orgasmic problems or sexual dissatisfaction
- Women with urinary incontinence
- Women with stress incontinence (leakage when you run, laugh, cough, or sneeze))
- Women with mild to moderate pelvic prolapse, such as fallen bladder or rectum
- Women with discomfort during intercourse
- Women with discomfort when exercising, riding a bike, or participating in sports activities
Women of all ages can benefit from ThermiVa. From teenagers to mature adults.
If you experience urinary incontinence, vaginal looseness, or dryness, ThermiVa may be for you. By improving vaginal dryness and looseness, ThermiVa can result in more satisfying, less painful intimacy. This treatment can tighten the vagina walls which can also improve incontinence and for everyday comfort and confidence.
Thermal heating utilizing radiofrequency energy is delivered through a one-time use, soft, slender probe which is massaged on the labia majora, labia minora, peri-clitoral skin, and in the vagina which causes collagen rejuvenation, skin tightening, and increased sensation and lubrication. The radiofrequency waves cause tightening by increasing blood flow, stimulating new collagen formation, and allowing for more simultaneous muscle contractions of the vaginal wall and pelvic muscles. Toning of the muscles results in improved control of urine leakage and stress incontinence, improved sexual satisfaction, and improved vaginal moisture.
- One time use, disposable soft and slender probe
- Radiofrequency waves cause tightening by increasing blood flow, new collagen formation, and vaginal wall & muscle toning
- Treats the inside and outside of the vagina
ThermiVa is very safe with few side effects such as mild period-like cramping, during the procedure.
Unlike other vaginal rejuvenation treatments, ThermiVa does not burn any tissue. No burns, blisters, infections, organ or nerve damage have been reported.
ThermiVa uses a single-use, disposable handpiece, ensuring no risk of transmission of infections.
Most patients require three treatments over a period of three months for optimal results. At Rejuvent, we schedule ThemiVa in a series of 3 treatments, 3 to 4 weeks apart.
Maintenance treatments are recommended for 6 to 12 months or as needed.
The effects of ThermiVa treatments last approximately nine months to a year. Maintenance treatments are recommended once or twice a year after the initial series to maintain optimal results.
There is no downtime associated with non-invasive ThermiVa.
Unlike other treatments, patients can resume sexual activity and physical activity immediately after each treatment session.
That means that women that participate in sports do not have to take time off to recover. There is no downtime.
ThermiVa is a comfortable in-office non-surgical procedure that requires no anesthesia. ThermiVa can deliver safely controlled heat, regulated to the patient’s thermal comfort. Most patients experience minimal to no discomfort (such as mild period-like cramping) during their ThermiVa treatments.
- You should have a normal pelvic exam within 2 years of your ThermiVa treatment.
- You cannot have a urinary tract infection or a skin infection in or around the area of treatment.
— Let your physician know if you are prone to herpes outbreaks, as your provider may want to prescribe an antiviral before the treatment.
- You cannot be pregnant during the treatment. It is ok to have a ThermiVa treatment 6 weeks after delivery.
- You should inform your physician of any vaginal surgery or if you have been told you have any vaginal prolapse.
- For your comfort, treatment should be avoided during your menstrual cycle.
- You should shave the entire vaginal area except for the “mons pubis” – the area on top of your vagina (pictured). Get as much hair out as you can.
- If treated externally, the skin may be slightly pink to red, swollen, and warm to the touch for approximately one-hour post-procedure
- The possibility of mild cramping, which should resolve in 24 hours
- Light spotting may occur immediately post-procedure
- You can resume normal physical and sexual activity on the same day of treatment unless otherwise directed by your provider
- No restrictions on showering
- No restrictions on bathing, swimming, or hot tubs (exception: if spotting or mild bleeding wait one day)
- ThermiVa is the only treatment that treats the inside and outside of the vagina –
Competing laser treatments treat the inside OR the outside of the vagina
- There is no stinging or discharge and it is non-ablative
- There is no tissue burning with ThermiVa which means there is no risk of desensitization
- The treatment is easy with no pain or downtime and is very affordable
Some patients will begin to notice improvements from ThermiVa right away. Results continue to improve over time.
Most patients notice full improvements up to two weeks after treatment. Although most will experience benefits after 1 treatment, it is recommended that 3 treatments be performed 3 to 4 weeks apart. Maintenance treatments every 6 months to 1 year are also recommended.
Please contact us for an appointment so we can discuss your concerns, pricing, and treatment options.
Our nurse Linda Esposito, LPN, under the guidance of Dr. Bomer, will be performing the ThermiVa treatments at Rejuvent. Linda has 40 years of nursing experience, she has been working at Rejuvent for over 3 years. Before working at Rejuvent, Linda worked for 10 years at a Gynecologist’s office. She has been extensively trained. She is very familiar and experienced with the female anatomy.
We will take a photo immediately after treatment for your medical record. These photos will only be shown to you.
We suggest that you bring your cell phone, or a camera, so we can also take photos so you compare in the privacy of your home if you wish.
Dr. Alinsod conducted the ThermiVa study and has made his photos available. All the photos presented are copyrighted by Dr. Alinsod.
The following images are medically graphic and are intended solely for use by medical professionals or patients who may be undergoing the procedure.
By continuing to view images you are confirming that you understand the medically graphic nature of these images.
Continue to Images, CLICK HERE
Yes, Dr. Bomer’s favorite companion product to ThermiVa is Sextiva by Innovative CBD.
Sextiva helps moisturize the vaginal area; enhances personal comfort every day and during sex, and helps relieve symptoms in pre & postmenopausal women. Sextiva CBD Intimate Oil is available for sale in-office only. Call Rejuvent at 480-889-8880 to order Sextiva.
Call 480-889-8880 or request a consultation by filling out the form on this page.