BBL Face in Scottsdale
Brighten Your Skin & Stimulate Skin Renewal
BroadBand Light Therapy (BBL)
Are the brown and red spots in your skin aging you?
Are your brown spots and rosacea making you look less radiant?
At Rejuvent Medical Spa, our aesthetician can help your skin look brighter and more radiant with Forever Young BBL.
What is a BBL Face?
BBL Face, BroadBand Light Therapy, delivers light energy to gently heat the upper layers of your skin. The heat absorbed by the targeted areas will stimulate your skin cells to regenerate. In addition, the light energy penetrates deep into the skin to boost your body’s natural ability to fight the appearance of aging. This results in skin that’s naturally beautiful and visibly younger-looking!
This non-invasive procedure also targets vascular lesions (red & pink spots) and reduces brown spots, age spots, skin redness, freckles, discoloration, facial spider veins, and uneven skin tones caused by sun damage. BBL also helps to plump the skin by stimulating new collagen production. There is no downtime with BBL. BBL treatments can be done on the body and on the face.
BBL photothermal energy will eliminate fine vessels that cause redness and reduce unwanted melanin that produces age and sun spots. Your skin will feel smoother, pores will be less noticeable, and uneven pigmentation will fade.
BBL by Sciton is also available in BBL Clear Acne to treat acne and BBL Vascular to remove Cherry Angiomas, and Telangiectasias (commonly known as “spider veins”).
BBL can also be combined with HALO to target wrinkled skin, rough skin texture, acne scars, enlarged pores, dullness, and sun damage. This creates greater overall skin rejuvenation, but there is moderate downtime compared with BBL alone. BBL and HALO discounts are available on multiple treatment packages and for Your Face & Body Skin Club members.
What is the Difference Between BBL Face and IPL?
Forever Young BBL (BroadBand Light therapy) is essentially the next level of IPL (Intense Pulsed Light therapy). BBL handpieces are equipped with state-of-the-art cooling features.
BBL Face uses multiple light wavelengths (broadband) while IPL uses a single, focused beam of light (intense). IPL treats the skin on a more superficial level than BBL. BBL was designed to target imperfections where they begin, below the surface of the skin!
The Journal of Investigative Dermatology published a study that concluded that BBL technology, actually produces rejuvenation at a molecular level. In this study, several genes linked to the aging process were altered in expression after treatment to more closely resemble young skin.
The Best BBL Results
At Rejuvent, our aesthetician has been performing BBL treatments with amazing results and she can help your skin get more radiant by reducing discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
BBL Face in Scottsdale
For any additional questions, or to schedule your BBL appointment in our Scottsdale medical spa, call Rejuvent at 480.889.8880.
Rejuvent is located in Scottsdale, Arizona, and conveniently located near Paradise Valley, Tempe, Mesa, and other areas of Greater Phoenix.
BBL Face Benefits:
- Fades brown and red spots
- Fades freckles
- Improves sun-damaged skin
- Minimizes or eliminates visible, broken blood vessels beneath the skin
- Improves irregular skin texture
- Minimizes pore size
- Helps improve Rosacea
- Helps improve acne and acne scarring
- Plumps the skin by stimulating new collagen production
Large Spot is gone!
“I had a large spot on my face’s driving side and nothing helped that. BBL did and that sunspot is gone! I can’t wait to have more treatments and see even more results from this treatment.”
BBL After Photo Gallery
Forever Young BBL Face Amazing Results!
Visit Rejuvent for a consultation and learn how we can improve your skin with a BBL treatment. Rejuvent has one of the largest before and after galleries in Arizona. When you come to your appointment you will see many more beautiful results.
Frequently asked questions related to BBL Face at Rejuvent.
This treatment reduces age/sun spots, redness, facial capillaries, and improves acne and other blemishes. The collagen production over time will help the skin’s texture appear smoother and softer with mild skin tightening.
- Use sunscreen and physical sun protection.
- Avoid extended sun exposure (i.e. beach, travel to sunny locations, sunbathing, sports outdoors).
- Inform your Forever Young BBL aesthetician if any physician has ordered Accutane for you in the last 6 months.
- Inform your aesthetician of any medical conditions or medications you are taking that might sensitize you to light, affect wound healing, or affect coagulation.
- Two weeks before your BBL, make adjustments to your skincare regimen and/or start with the pre-procedure skincare routine as suggested by your Rejuvent Aesthetician.
- The procedure is typically gentle and safe.
- There is no need for a topical anesthetic, however, at Rejuvent we will numb the area with a topical anesthetic to ensure that your BBL treatment is painless.
- Your eyes will be protected with safety shields or glasses.
- You may briefly feel a warm or rubber band snap sensation as the light is absorbed.
- You may experience some redness in the area treated. This should resolve within a few hours.
- Your pigmented spots might darken, followed by fading and flaking off at a later stage. Do not pick at the spots and let them flake off naturally.
- Follow your aesthetician’s aftercare plan until skin is completely healed – typically one week after the treatment. The skin on your body might take longer to heal, compared to your face.
The number of treatments needed will vary from patient to patient and your Aesthetician will personalize a treatment plan based on your needs and desired outcome.
All patients are different and have different degrees of concern, but we recommend getting a series of BBLs. At Rejuvent, we offer package pricing for any two treatments purchased together.
We also offer a skin club (Your Face & Body Skin Club) with treatments reduced for better affordability so you can train your skin to be beautiful.
At Rejuvent we have treatment plans for the following areas:
- Upper and Lower Arms
- Upper and Lower Legs
- Upper and Lower Back
- Spot Treatment
Any two treatment areas purchased together qualify for package pricing. Your Face and Body Skin Club members enjoy further discounts on treatments and packages.
BBL Face is a non-ablative treatment, which means that no skin is removed during the procedure. In laser skin resurfacing, extremely fine layers of skin are removed with a laser. Laser skin resurfacing involves a longer recovery period and a greater risk of complications. There is no downtime with a BBL and minimal risk of complications.
The Sciton HALO Laser targets the subdermal layers, while the Sciton Forever Young BBL Laser focuses on the top dermal tissue. HALO’s downtime is dependent upon the severity of your condition and the depths of the treatment performed. HALO uses both non-ablative and ablative wavelengths to target areas and gives patients a deep dermal rejuvenation.
At Rejuvent we offer these two treatments together to produce results including smoother skin tone and texture and an overall more youthful appearance with the same downtime that would be expected from a single HALO session alone.
BBL Face uses broadband laser light to target dark spots, pigment irregularities, redness, and facial capillaries. Microneedling causes micro punctures in the skin which then initiates the healing response and causes collagen formation. It addresses wrinkles, acne scars, sagging skin, and skin texture.
Before your treatment, your aesthetician will wash your face and apply a topical numbing cream to alleviate any discomfort from the small zaps produced by the BBL wand. After the topical cream numbs the skin, the aesthetician will wash the face again and cover your eyes for protection. She will then apply a gel and start the treatment. She will glide the device around the areas of your face, using single pulses. You will feel a slight warming sensation with each pulse. Once the device passes over all the areas of the face, it’s passed over a second time. (not many medical spas follow this, at Rejuvent all patients receive 2 passes for maximum results).
At Rejuvent, we take pain control seriously and take steps to maximize your comfort. All BBL treatments include topical numbing cream to alleviate any discomfort. Patients report that BBL is not painful, some zapping in sensitive areas is common but it is tolerable and quick. You will feel a slight warming sensation with each pulse.
Your face might be slightly red on the day of the treatment but that will soon dissipate. Visible spots will darken and achieve a “coffee grinds” appearance and more brown spots will come to the surface. These spots will soon flake off. This usually happens a few days to a week after treatment.
- Use a gentle cleanser for the first 48 hours following treatment. Gently pat dry.
- Use only gentle skincare products for the first three days such as Neocutis Bio-Cream, Benev Pure Squalane Oil, and PCA Silkcoat Balm.
- To prep the skin and optimize skin recovery use Alastin Skin Nectar 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after BBL.
- Avoid makeup, retinoids, glycolic acids, and Vitamin C products for the rest of the day following your treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours. After that, apply sunscreen with SPF 30 daily.